We will soon be launching our Be.EV Taxi Membership Scheme giving Greater Manchester licenced taxi drivers (hackney or private hire) access to the planned network of dedicated charge points at a reduced rate.
We realise that we have lots of work to do to get dedicated Taxi charge points in the ground and we have been working away with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and the Greater Manchester local authorities to identify the right sites for development. We have plans to install 60 dedicated EV taxi rapid charging points as quickly as possible, with the first of these available to all Greater Manchester-licenced EV taxi drivers due to go live in early 2022. All 60 are due to be fully operational by early 2023 and have been funded by OZEV.
Further details on how and where to register for the scheme will be announced soon - please keep checking this page for updates.
General Tariff & Taxi Membership Tariff:
Free charging will come to an end on Friday 1st October 2021 – This has been agreed with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and will provide a more sustainable network across all 10 boroughs of Greater Manchester.
The good news is that all Be.EV members can benefit from a discounted rate on public chargers. In addition taxi members will benefit from a further discount when using a taxi-only rapid charger:
- £0.25 Taxi Membership Rate (only available at dedicated taxi charge points)
- £0.35/kWh Pay As You Go (PAYG*) at all public charge points
- £0.32/kWh Standard Be.EV Member Rate at all public charge points
- £0.25/kWh Pay As You Go (PAYG*) at all public charge points
- £0.22/kWh Standard Be.EV Member Rate at all public charge points
* Pay As You Go rate applies when paying by contactless or webpay on public charge points
All rates are inclusive of VAT at 20% following the HMRC ruling in May 2021
For more information please visit our FAQ pages: