Taxi drivers are at the heart of communities across the UK. So, in Greater Manchester, we’re working in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester to ensure taxi drivers have access to a network of 60 taxi-only charge points.
We want to:
- Make charging easier
- Encourage more taxi drivers to switch to greener and more sustainable vehicles
- Make local communities everywhere healthier and happier
Current Taxi scheme in Greater Manchester
Throughout Greater Manchester, Taxis have access to 60 taxi-only charge points across the region, offering fast and rapid charging in areas taxi drivers need them most. Working in partnership with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) and the Office for Zero Emission Vehicles (OZEV), the Be.EV Taxi network is ensuring taxi drivers have access to protected charging stations at a reduced price.
Keen to join our membership scheme?
To become a Be.EV Taxi Member, you must be a Greater Manchester-licensed taxi driver (Hackney or private hire) – and you’ll be pleased to know that it’s free and easy to join. Simply:
Step 1: Register your taxi
- Register as a Be.EV member.
- Using your details, log into your account
- Navigate to the ‘Vehicles’ section, click ‘Add vehicle’ and complete the form
- Click the ‘This vehicle is a taxi’ box and enter the taxi badge number which was issued by your local authority
- Click ‘Next’ to create your account.
Step 2: Scheme Validation
To validate that you are a Greater Manchester-licensed taxi driver, simply visit one of TfGM’s Travelshops in Greater Manchester with the following details:
- Your Be.EV membership email address
- Your taxi badge/s, as issued by your local authority
TfGM will then notify Be.EV that your details have been confirmed and the date on which your access will be activated will be given as part of the validation process.
Tariffs: General and Taxi Memberships
Our tariff is agreed with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) to ensure it remains fair for our users.
If you’re a member of Be.EV, you can enjoy a discounted rate on public chargers. Plus, taxi drivers can make the most of an additional discount when using a taxi-only rapid charger.
Take a closer look at our tariffs here.
For more information, please visit our help centre.