Are you a Taxi driver? Our Be.EV taxi membership scheme, developed in conjunction with Transport for Greater Manchester, is made with you in mind.
We want to:
- Make charging easier
- Encourage more taxi drivers to switch to greener and more sustainable vehicles
- Make our region healthier and happier
Giving Greater Manchester-licensed taxi drivers – including Hackney or private hire – easy access to the planned network of dedicated charger points at a reduced rate, we’ve been working with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) to make things happen.
We’re also partnering with Greater Manchester local authorities to identify the right sites for development, and we have plans to install no less than 60 dedicated EV taxi rapid charging points soon. The first charging points will be available to all Greater Manchester-licensed EV taxi drivers in early 2022, with all 60 fully operational by 2023 – it’s all part of an initiative with TfGM and the Office for Zero-Emission Vehicles (OZEV).
Want to receive updates on when dedicated taxi rapid chargers are being installed and going live? Head to TfGM Electric Travel.
Keen to join our membership scheme?
To join the Be.EV Taxi family, you must be a Greater Manchester-licensed taxi driver (Hackney or private hire) – and you’ll be pleased to know that it’s free and easy to join. Simply:
Step 1: Register your taxi
- Register as a Be.EV member.
- Using your details, log into your account
- Navigate to the ‘Vehicles’ section, click ‘Add vehicle’ and complete the form
- Click the ‘This vehicle is a taxi’ box and enter the taxi badge number which was issued by your local authority
- Click ‘Next’ to create your account.
Step 2: Scheme Validation
To validate that you are a Greater Manchester-licensed taxi driver, simply visit one of TfGM’s Travelshops in Greater Manchester with the following details:
- Your Be.EV membership email address
- Your taxi badge/s, as issued by your local authority
TfGM will then notify Be.EV that your details have been confirmed and the date on which your access will be activated will be given as part of the validation process.
Tariffs: General and Taxi Memberships
Our tariff is agreed with Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM) to ensure it remains fair for our users.
If you’re a member of Be.EV, you can enjoy a discounted rate on public chargers. Plus, taxi drivers can make the most of an additional discount when using a taxi-only rapid charger.
Let’s take a closer look at the tariffs…
- £0.25 Taxi Membership Rate (only available at dedicated taxi charge points)
- £0.35/kWh Pay As You Go (PAYG*) at all public charge points
- £0.32/kWh Standard Be.EV Member Rate at all public charge points.
- £0.25/kWh Pay As You Go (PAYG*) at all public charge points
- £0.22/kWh Standard Be.EV Member Rate at all public charge points.
* The Pay As You Go rate applies when paying by contactless or WebPay on public charge points.
All rates are inclusive of VAT at 20%, following the HMRC ruling in May 2021.
For more information, please visit our FAQs.